Tuesday, July 22, 2008

"Cease Striving and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10


The Bible tells us to "Cease striving and know that I am God." Jesus invited us in Matthew 11:28 "Come to Me, all you who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you SHALL find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy, and My load is light."

Jesus also instructed us in Matthew chapter 6 to not worry about tomorrow but to trust Him for everything from our basic food and clothing to our house payments, to our teenagers and toddlers! He gives us enough wisdom, grace, and provision for each day!

If today your burden feels especially heavy, your heart feels weary, or your load unbearable, go somewhere quiet and ask the Lord to unload your load onto Himself! He will gladly do it!

God bless your day!

No comments: