Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Leggos saved my life today!


I'm not too sure that this blogging thing is for me. Does this come with spell check?
Yesterday I went shopping with a friend who told me that my children need leggos in their lives.
I am a fanatic about small parts so I never bought the smaller ones. Last night I did and today my home was happy. Christian, my 5 year old played with his fireman leggos for 6 hours straight (stopping only for lunch and to go to the bathroom.) Noah, logged in at a close 5 hours, and Abi was just under 4 hours for leggos. Life was good for mom today. Not because they were busy but because it was so neat to see them so engaged while I did school with them at different times of the morning.
Abi was so sweet (she is 7) because she was crying after an hour of trying to keep her leggo's on the little table thing while keeping them together. We talked about enduring or quitting. She prayed and endured for another hour and made a house just like in the directions. It even had flowers out front! If I knew what I was doing I could up-load (or is it down-load??) a picture for you. This is my first blog.....give it time!

All that to say I love my kids. I have 8 children. They are 19, 9, 7, 6, 5, 5, 3, and 1.
Oh, my 9 year old Daniel is at his first sleep-over tonight.
How am I doing with it? Oh, fine. And it has nothing (well, maybe a little) to do with the fact that his friend lives 2 blocks away and I have known his mother for many years. Other than that it's a piece of cake!

In closing, a friend of mine called tonight and was talking about some painful times in her life and she said something I really liked. She said, (speaking about the Lord). "Cheryl, when I can't trace His hand, I trust His heart!" I like that! So, you too, when you can't understand what God is up to, and you start to wonder if He knows......remember that when you can't trace His hand, you can trust His heart! He loves you with an everlasting love!
If anyone out there reads this let me know how I did for my first blog! be gentle!

5 comments:

Bryonm said...

great post, cheryl. i'm going to link to you from my blog.

Unknown said...

cool.

nancy said...

Great first post! You have such a wise friend that would help you get your kids connected to legos!
I'm looking forward to what God will have you share here.

Aimee's3 said...

Hi Cheryl,

I love the Blog you did an amazing job. Your friend is so wise to have turned you on to Legos....you go GIRL!!!

Unknown said...

This is awesome Cheryl! Love it. You are beautiful and so are the kids. More pictures please.
Love you to the moon!
Court xoxo