Saturday, July 12, 2008

Disney Marathon 2009



So, I signed up for the Disney 09 full marathon.
I started training this week and I am excited!

Now if you think I can't do it, please send comments to my daughter, Avery, as you can see she is fully ready to deal with any comments about her mama!
Isn't she a cutie?

The comments I got were interesting when I shared my goal with people.
some said, "Wow, that's great!" some said, "I'll run it with you!"
some said, "I'll cheer you on." While others said, "I could never, would never, do that, you're crazy!" Some warned, "You'll ruin your hips!" And still others said It might not be a good idea....

What do you think? Here's what I think.... Millions of people run marathons each year (and some of them are in their 80's). I know I can do it because others have done it. This will grow me in many other areas of my life as well as tone my body. So, for me it's not why do it but why not do it?

So, the Disney 09 marathon is just one of my many goals for this year.
What are your goals? I'd love to hear them!

And remember some will try to stop you from reaching your goals, some will tell you why you can't do it, some will say your crazy, and some (a few) will join you on the journey. The Bible says in Philippians 4:13; "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me." and I think ALL means ALL, even a marathon! And I've even heard that life is more like a marathon than a sprint anyway, so just keep on keeping on doing whatever God has called you to do and I bet you will find that there will be people along the journey cheering you on when you cross your own Finish Line!

God bless you!

2 comments:

Bryonm said...

you're blogging like crazy! great!

i'm glad to see the pictures. great addition. keep up the good work...

Unknown said...

Amazing goal! I'll hang out in the 5K section! Biking I love, running, not so much! :)
I need to set some goals for the school year. Always good to have goals and a vision for where you want to be...
Nice to find your blog!
Jody