Monday, August 18, 2008

Adoption







Adoption is so very close to my heart and only gets closer.
I don't think everyone should adopt...but I think everyone could.
You could support a child from a distance.......get creative.

I always thought adoptive families were 'special' and 'different' somehow.
Now people say that we are special and different because we have adopted twice.

I know that I am not special or different. I just love children and realize that they are an amazing gift from God. I am having a blast watching my 8 children grow and learn about God and the plan He has for them.

Is it hard? It seems to get easier as I just enjoy them and keep praying and focusing on being the mom I need to be. I love how Catherine Hickem talks about being an intentional mom. Being intentional in what I do helps me to weed out the things I don't need to do. What is the most important thing I can instill in my child TODAY that will make a difference in their tomorrow?

Adoption has taught me to trust and to realize that I am not in control but that God is.
He places each of us right where we're supposed to be.
Do you know that the family you grew up in was hand picked by God just for you? (and He makes no mistakes).


That gives me peace even though my upbringing was far from ideal....I know I was right where I was supposed to be which has made me who I am today!
I can appreciate my parents a lot more for all they did do and not what they didn't do.
I also identify with adoption because I know that God adopted me into His family... and I was not the cutest kid in the orphanage if you know what I mean!
Did you ever pray about supporting a orphan, helping out a single parent, or adopting a child?

Steven Curtis Chapman wrote a beautiful song called When Love Takes You In.....here are the words.....better grab a tissue...


I know you've heard the stories
but they all sound too good to be true
you heard about a place called home...
but there doesn't seem to one for you...
so one more night you cry yourself to sleep
and drift off to a distant dream.

when love takes you in
and everything changes.
a miracle starts with the beat of a heart
when love takes you home
and says you belong here...
the loneliness ends and a new life begins.

when love takes you in...


and somewhere while your sleeping,
someone else is dreaming too
and counting down the days until
they hold you close and say;
I love you..


and like the rain that falls into the sea
in a moment what has been has lost in what will be
when love takes you in
everything changes
a miracle starts with the beat of a heart...

and this love will never let you go
there is nothing that could ever cause this love
to lose its hold..

when love takes you in
everything changes
a miracle starts
with the beat of a heart...
when love takes you home
and says you belong here.
the loneliness ends and a new life begins
when love takes you in.
it takes you in for good.


when love takes you in.......


God bless your day!

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lyndsey said...

I love this Cheryl... very beautiful. I know for me, watching all these families adopt has only made my desire even stronger. What a beautiful example indeed of God's love for us.