Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Trust in the Lord with all your heart lean not....



...on your own understanding in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your path.

Every day is an opportunity to give our will over to God.....seeking His will for us for our lives here on earth.

It is easy to want to "lean on our own understanding" with what we see. But we walk by faith (not by sight) and have to trust our heavenly father for His will, His wisdom, and His timing.

Keeping in mind that
He is good,
He is great,
He is sovereign,
and He loves us.

I am holding onto His goodness today, are you?

I am holding onto the fact that He is the one who fills my thirsty heart with HIM (Living water)...and anything else I gain on earth will always find me thirsting again!
In the story of the Samaritan woman in John chapter 4 It says that Jesus had to pass through Samaria, other translations say, "He must needs pass through..".Jesus went out of his way, to a place where good Jewish men did not go, to meet the need of a woman that no one wanted anything to do with. There He changed her and the whole city she lived in...because He 'must needs' go and love and minister to someone everyone had written off.

Who does the Lord want you to "Must needs" find today and love that everyone thinks is maybe not worth the time??? That very person that you show the Love of God may turn around and change their world for Christ....you never know!
I have had many people who invested in me when others had written me off.....thank God for those hearts that know that true love sees more in that person, and because love can see more, Love chooses to then see less....and just love in spite our flaws. I am thankful for those that have loved me in spite of my many flaws.

But in the midst of things we don't always understand with our eyes, He gives us peace that passes our understanding, and brings us back to the one thing that we need....HIM and HIM alone!

If your thirsty today, go to the only one who can satisfy that thirst both now and forever.... go to Jesus.

I also thank God for the gift of friends who we can laugh with, cry with, and pray with. :)
You know who you are my precious friends!